Fire Extinguisher Services
Fire extinguishers are installed throughout Australia in all business premises and many personal residences. You should be aware of the most ideal extinguishers for your situation and environment, and invest in it: viewing it as an investment in your future safety. If you want any help identifying which type of fire extinguisher will best suit your needs and budget you can contact Aegis Safe anytime for assistance. We provide a wide range of fire extinguisher services at competitive prices.
Fire Extinguisher Services
- Fire extinguisher testing
- Fire extinguisher inspections
- Fire extinguisher maintenance
- Fire extinguisher installations
- Fire extinguisher certificates
- Fire extinguisher refills
- Fire extinguisher pressure test
We provide fire extinguisher services in Sydney and throughout NSW, as well as Brisbane, Gold Coast and South East Queensland at discount prices. We also provide a wide range of fire protection services and equipment. Please contact us today for a free quote.
Fire Extinguisher Service Guidelines
- All fire extinguishers have to be tested at six monthly intervals. If they don’t have a pressure gauge, they may need to be weighed to check they are still full. Some fire extinguisher types may require additional tasks to be carried out annually. Fire extinguishers need to be emptied, refilled and pressure tested every five years.
- The fire extinguisher tests and times are to be recorded on a label or metal maintenance tag that is attached to the fire extinguisher unit.
- If the visual inspection of the fire extinguisher shows that it is in a serviceable condition then no other work is required. If the gauge indicates that the fire extinguisher is under pressure or the weight is too low the fire extinguisher needs to be refilled and pressure tested or replaced. Any additional work the may be required must be approved by the client before it is carried out. If the fire extinguisher is even partially discharged it must be refilled or replaced.
There are many companies that sell fire extinguishers and offer fire protection services in Sydney. Against that backdrop it can be hard to settle for one company over the others. We stand above the other fire safety businesses by providing fire extinguisher maintenance, fire extinguisher inspections, fire safety certificates, annual fire safety statements and other fire safety services at a fraction of the cost of the major fire safety businesses.
Fire Extinguisher Services and Sales
We sell fire extinguishers and provide fire safety services for each of the following:
- Fire extinguishers for ordinary domestic use
- Fire extinguishers for small business needs
- Fire extinguishers for large office complexes and large scale businesses
- Fire extinguishers for apartment blocks and other large residential buildings
- Fire extinguishers for multi-unit business parks or shopping centers
- Fire extinguishers for educational institutions such as schools and universities
- Fire extinguishers for high risk industrial environments such as factories, warehouse and other storage facilities.
Fire Extinguisher Testing Services
Fire extinguishers are installed in all types of commercial buildings from offices to warehouses, retail stores, factories as well as in a range of public buildings like schools, hospitals, universities, museums and theatres. They are also required in multi-occupancy residential buildings. All of the fire extinguisher installed in each of these building types need need to be regularly tested and inspected. The fire extinguisher testing, inspection and maintenance regime is specified in the Australia Standard AS 1851 – Maintenance of Fire Protection Systems and Equipment.
There are some key points that property owners, business owners, property managers, tenants and the general community should be aware of to ensure they receive the appropriate level of fire extinguisher service including being aware of what is required of them, the fire extinguisher testing company and what they are being charged for. The following guidelines are provided to assist you in receiving the correct fire extinguishers testing.
Fire Extinguisher Certification
If you are the owner of a building in Sydney you must make sure that each fire safety measurement is assessed by a suitably qualified fire safety technician. After the assessment you will have to forward a copy of the Fire Safety Certificate or Annual Fire Safety Statement to the NSW fire brigade and your local council. A copy of the Annual Fire Safety Statement or Fire Safety Certificate must be prominently displayed in the building.
Your Annual Fire Safety Statement and Fire Safety Certificate can only be signed by the owner or his agent and not by the fire safety technician or fire safety inspector.
Fire Extinguisher Servicing
Fire extinguisher services an important part of protecting the usefulness of your fire safety plan and all else that follows. While fire extinguisher technicians can check your fire extinguishers and re-charge them when necessary, they are often only responsible for performing basic servicing routines such as inspections and maintenance.
As a business manager, you will want to carefully review all safety plans that include fire extinguisher servicing practices, making sure that your fire extinguisher services are in compliance with AS1851 2012. A solid fire extinguisher servicing plan includes making sure that your fire extinguishers are ready to perform for any fire emergency. There are checks that you can do for making sure your fire extinguisher service policies are in order.
Could your workplace environment impact fire extinguisher performance?
Fire extinguishers subjected to harsh environments may require additional inspections, maintenance and testing. For example, extreme temperatures, overexposure to sunlight or moisture, dust or dirt filled areas, and heavy vibrations from industrial machinery could increase failure rates of fire extinguishers. Under these circumstances, you will want to have your fire extinguishers checked more often.
Have the risks changed?
Fire extinguisher types that were originally installed may not be appropriate if the type of fire risk in your workplace has changed. For example, if additional electronic switchboards have been installed recently, then a Class AE or E extinguisher would also be appropriately installed and maintained. If flammable liquids have been added to productions, then a class B extinguisher would be most appropriate to have on hand. Review your workplace risks and if necessary, update the type of extinguishers located on your facility’s premises to properly protect all work areas.
Are all of your fire extinguishers mounted and installed correctly?
Routine checking of the brackets, cabinets or enclosures used for your fire safety equipment will ensure supportive function should your extinguishers be needed for emergency response. They should be solidly mounted to safely secure the extinguisher, while also allowing for labels and inspection tags to be easily read.
Be careful to not locate your extinguishers in a position where accessing them could present additional hazards to a potential user. Wherever practical, extinguishers should be located along regular paths of travel and near building exits.
Do your equipment locations meet visibility standards?
Fire extinguisher signage and locations should be clearly visible from distances of up to 20 meters in all directions of approach.
Will your facility need additional fire extinguishers?
Review the locations of your existing fire extinguishers to determine if more are needed for handling any particular area. Construction or expansion of any coverage area creates a situation where you will need to assess equipment locations and make sure your entire workplace area adheres to AS 2444 standards.
When you have questions about fire extinguisher testing and servicing, consult with a trained fire technician specialist to make sure that you understand requirements, standards and how to best implement them. Do you need some help with your fire extinguisher locations or other compliance checks? Feel free to contact us.
Annual Fire Safety Statements
Every year the owner of a building or premises must provide the City and Fire and Rescue NSW with an Annual Fire Safety Statement that certifies all the fire-safety measures work properly. This statement must be assessed by a suitably qualified person and be displayed in a prominent position in the building.
Once the annual statement has been completed it must be lodged with the City by either email, fax, post or in person at a Neighbourhood Service Centre, and to Fire and Rescue NSW. For more details you can visit the website of Fire and Rescue NSW. There is no fee for lodging your annual fire safety statement.
An Annual Fire Safety Statement certifies that:
- Each essential fire safety measure in the building has been assessed by a properly qualified person
- Each essential fire safety measure in the building was found to be capable of performing to a standard no less than that to which the measure was originally or subsequently designed and implemented.
- The properly qualified person has assessed all paths of travel to the exits including the exit doors and advised of the status at the time of the inspection. This is done in connection with the NSW Environmental Planning & Assessment Regulations (2000).
When Is Your Annual Fire Safety Statement Due?
You must obtain your Fire Safety Statement annually from the date at which your previous Annual Fire Safety Statement or Fire Safety Certificate was obtained and submitted to your local council in sydney. Annual Fire Safety Statements are issued in response to Building Approvals, Construction Certificates, Complying Development Certificates, Fire Safety Orders or Development Consent.
If your Annual Fire Safety Statement hasn’t been submitted to your local council for more than 12 months from the previous Fire Safety Certificate you should submit it as soon as possible to avoid fines and legal action.
Fire Protection Services
- fire protection equipment installation
- fire protection equipment inspections, testing and maintenance
- Annual Fire Safety Statements
- Fire Safety Certificates
- Northern New South Wales
- Tweed Heads, Kingscliff, Cabarita, Byron Bay, Lennox Heads, Ballina
- Coffs Harbour
Fire Extinguisher Services New South Wales and Queensland
Note: Our minimum service cost is $120 + GST.
Annual Fire Safety Statements, Test Record Certificates, New Installation Certificates
- Annual Fire Safety Statements
- Annual Test Record Certificates
- Fire Extinguisher Installation Certificate
All new fire extinguishers prices include installation, signs, brackets and maintenance test tag.
Fire Extinguisher Services – Testing & Inspections
The performance of your fire protection system depends on the quality of your fire safety products as well as the quality of maintenance. Your fire equipment must always be maintained to Australian Standards.
You must have all of your fire equipment tested and serviced at regular intervals to make sure that it will work correctly and will perform at it’s maximum efficiency particularly in an emergency.
We provide fire maintenance including inspection, testing, service and maintenance of the following essential services:
- Smoke alarms systems
- Thermal alarm systems
- Fire hydrant and hose reel systems
- Emergency warning and evacuation systems
- Occupant warning systems
- Portable fire extinguishers
- Fixed fire extinguishers
- Fire doors & frames
- Exit & Emergency lighting
Fire Protection Equipment
We can help you with variety of fire safety equipment installations:
- Heat Detection and Smoke Alarms
- Emergency Warnings & Evacuation
- Special Hazards Solutions including Pre-action Systems, Deluge Systems, Water Spray and Mist Systems, and Gas and Foam Suppression Systems
Fire Safety Equipment Installations are required in many commercial, industrial and public buildings in Sydney to ensure the safety of the occupants in case of a fire or emergency.
More than 30 types of fire safety installations need to be inspected and tested to Australian Standards for Maintenance of Fire Protection Systems and Equipment. All of your fire safety maintenance records must be produced for an authorised fire safety officer.
Buildings have a critical fire safety system that is referred to as it’s special fire services. It includes a number of the building’s fire safety installations. These special fire services must be tested and the results have to be recorded in a maintenance certificate. This certificate of maintenance must be sent to the Fire Services Commissioner within every 12 monthly period after this first test.
Sydney Service Areas
- Sydney CBD
- Eastern Suburbs Sydney
- Western Sydney
- South Sydney
- North Sydney
New South Wales Service Areas
We provide fire extinguisher services throughout all of NSW. Contact us for a free quote today.
- Central Coast
- Coffs Harbour
Make sure your fire systems are safe and compliant today!
Our fire services are designed to protect you and save you time, money and effort.
Contact us today for a free quote.
About Aegis Safe
Your safety and peace of mind is our objective. Aegis Safe has been helping our clients protect their staff and property with our full range of comprehensive fire protection solutions since 2009. We specialise in installing, inspecting, testing, diagnosing and repairing fire protection systems.