Fire extinguisher testing services for all your business and property needs
Testing Fire Extinguishers
Fire Extinguishers installed in all commercial buildings (offices, retail stores, warehouses, factories, etc.), in public buildings (hospitals, schools, universities, theatres, etc.) and multi-occupancy residential buildings all need to be regularly inspected and tested. The inspection, test and maintenance regime for fire extinguishers is specified in the Australia Standard AS 1851 Maintenance of Fire Protection Systems and Equipment.
CONTACT OUR SYDNEY FIRE SERVICE TEAM TODAY!
for Aegis Safe
"I am very happy with the quality of service I received from Aegis Safe. I highly recommend them."
Bridgette Hardy, The Art Shop
Fire Extinguisher Testing Requirements
All extinguishers have to be inspected at six monthly intervals and if they don’t have a pressure gauge, they may need to be weighed to check they are still full. Some extinguisher types may require additional tasks to be carried out annually. Extinguishers need to be emptied, pressure tested and refilled every five years. There may be other servicing requirements at 3, 5 or 6 years.
The tests and intervals are to be recorded on a label or metal tag attached to the unit.
No other work is required, provided that the visual inspection of the extinguisher shows that it is in a serviceable condition, unless the gauge indicates the unit is under pressure or the weight is too low. Any additional work needed must be approved by the client before being carried out. Extinguishers must, however, be refilled, even if only partially discharged, between the five year services.
The Aegis Safe 10 step fire extinguisher service program includes:
- Visual inspection of all fire extinguishers on site
- Fire extinguisher testing and fire extinguisher maintenance dates
- Weighing the fire extinguishers
- Visual inspection of the fire extinguisher pressure gauges
- Inspection of tamper seals and safety pull pins
- Removal of discharge hoses and check for continuity
- Inspection of the valve assemblies
- Cleaning and re-hanging all fire extinguishers
- Review of fire extinguisher placement, sizes and types
- New certification tags to keep you in compliance
We provide the required types of fire extinguisher testing:
- 6 monthly fire extinguisher testing schedule that consists of specific fire extinguisher checks listed above.
- 12 monthly fire extinguisher testing schedule that consists of the above procedures plus other specified functional checks required by Australian Standards.
- 5 yearly fire extinguisher testing schedule that consists of the 2 above procedures as well as other specified functional checks including pressure tests.