Aegis Safe supply a wide range of portable fire extinguishers to suit all types and classes of fires. We have factories across Australia that stock all of our fire extinguishers and fire protection equipment. So if you are looking to buy high quality fire extinguishers at low prices in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth or Adelaide contact us today. We are also here to help you with selecting the correct fire extinguisher, installation and servicing.
All Fire Extinguishers are Certified & Approved to Australian Standards
Dry chemical powder fire extinguishers
These fire extinguishers are commonly available in the following sizes:
- 1 kg dry chemical fire extinguisher
- 1.5 kg dry chemical fire extinguisher
- 2 kg dry chemical fire extinguisher
- 2.5 kg dry chemical fire extinguisher
- 4.5 kg dry chemical fire extinguisher
- 9 kg dry chemical fire extinguisher
They are effective against a wide variety of fires. The dry powder fire extinguishers can help in fighting fires brought about by highly flammable substances. They can also be of substantial help in fighting the so-called electrical fires. These extinguishers are also rechargeable, and they normally don’t contain any CFCs.
- Defining features of these extinguishers include:
- Easy portability
- Efficacy against a wide range of fire classes
- Steel cylinder construction, with all metal valves and all metal nozzles.
- Easy and affordable maintenance.
The powder in these extinguishers has efficacy against class A,B and E fires. That is to say that these extinguishers can be of help to people dealing with class A fires associated with simple fuels like wood and paper. They can be of help to people dealing with class B fires associated with flammable fuels as well as Class E fires which are associated with electrical fires.
CO2 Fire Extinguishers
Carbon Dioxide fire extinguishers are also known as CO2 Fire extinguishers, they tend to be very useful when trying to fight fires that are ignited and/or energized electrically. You can find carbon dioxide fire extinguishers in the following sizes:
- 2 kg CO2 fire extinguisher
- 3.5kg CO2 fire extinguisher
- 5 kg CO2 fire extinguisher
One attractive thing about carbon dioxide extinguishers is that they don’t contain the highly controversial CFCs. They are also attractive in the sense that they are rechargeable. Other features that define carbon dioxide fire extinguishers include:
- They are effective in fighting many types (classes) of fires.
- They tend to be rather highly portable.
- They are made of a steel cylinder and are typically accompanied by ‘all metal’ valves.
- They are well priced and their maintenance tends to be cheap.
Wet chemical fire extinguishers
These are specially designed for use in environments where foods are prepared, and where there is a risk of the (special) fires brought about by cooking oils and fats. Such environments include domestic kitchens and restaurants. These extinguishers are typically sold in liter-units, with the common volumes available being 2.0 litres and 7.0 litres.
Wet chemical fire extinguisher sizes:
- 2 Litre Wet Chemical fire extinguisher
- 7 Litre Wet Chemical fire extinguisher
Wet chemical fire extinguishers are:
- Easily handled and highly portable
- Affordable (in purchase and maintenance terms)
- Effective against cooking oil/cooking-fat fires
- Made out of steel cylinders, with nozzles and valves largely made out of metal
Foam fire extinguishers
These have proven efficacy against some two classes of fires, namely class A fires and class B fires. That is to say that they can fight fires that are brought about by ignition of paper and wood, as well as fires brought about by ignition of flammable liquids. They are not only good at extinguishing fires but also keeping the fires from reviving.
- These extinguishers’ key features would include:
- Capacity and ability to be recharged
- Low purchase costs and low maintenance costs
- High portability
- Steel cylinders complemented by all steel nozzles and all steel valves
- Efficacy in fighting class A and B fires
Air water fire extinguishers
These tend to be effective against one class of fires only – namely, class A fires. They are very friendly to the environment, and they are also very economical: both in terms of purchase prices and maintenance costs. They are ideal for use in homes and other places where the only fires likely to occur are class A fires (which are caused by ordinary/commonplace combustibles like paper and wood). The defining features of these extinguishers include the facts that:
- They cost little and they are inexpensive to maintain
- They are very easily portable
- They are friendly to the environment, with no ozone-layer depletion related concerns pertaining to their usage.
- They are rechargeable
- Their cylinders are typically made out of steel, with their nozzles and valves entirely made out of metal.