Contact Aegis Safe for fire extinguishers and fire safety services in Sydney (02) 8005 7666
The top causes of house fires are:
- The kitchen is the most dangerous room in the house for ﬁres. Cooking is the major cause of ﬁres in the kitchen. These ﬁres mainly occur in the evening between 5 and 7 pm.
- Faulty or damaged electrical wiring throughout the house and in home appliances can start dangerous ﬁres.
- The incorrect use of portable heaters or appliances pose a ﬁre threat, especially during winter in the morning and evening.
- Unsupervised children playing with matches and lighters can ignite ﬁres that injure themselves and others.
- Discarded smoking materials can ignite ﬁres at home.
- Fires can occur when candles and incense burners are left burning unattended.