Home Fire Safety Audit
Use this easy online home fire safety audit. It is a great way to understand how you can prevent and prepare your home for a fire.
Is your home fire safe?
As well as the fire safety unit we recommend you follow this fire safety checklist to assist you in keeping your home safe from fire:
- Install a suitable number or smoke alarms. Your smoke alarms must be tested regularly.
- Have a written escape plan in case a fire starts and practice it regularly
- Make sure that the keys to all locked doors in your house are easily accessible to aid in your escape.
- Never leave your cooking or an open flame unattended. This includes candles and oil burners.
- You should clean the lint filter in your clothes dryer before you use it each time.
- You should never smoke in your bed.
- You should take extra care smoking if you have consumed alcohol.
- You should take extra care in winter when using heaters, open fires and electric blankets.
- You should not overload power points and make sure that you switch off appliances when they are not in use.
- You should always keep lighters and matches away from children and out or their reach. You should also educate them that they are tools and not toys and are only to be used by adults in a responsible manner.
- If you have a garage or a shed you should remember to take extra care with any stored chemicals and fuels. You should always refuel you garden equipment like mowers and whipper snippers when they are cold and in a open space.
- If you have a gas, wood or electric BBQ you should always check that it is in a safe working order before you light it and that it always in the care of an adult when it is being used.
- If you live in an area that is prone to bushfires you should always keep the ground around your home clear of leaves and other types of litter that may catch fire. You should also clean your gutters regularly.
Contact Aegis Safe for fire extinguishers and fire safety services in Sydney.
Make sure your fire systems are safe and compliant today!
Our fire services are designed to protect you and save you time, money and effort.
Contact us today for a free quote.
About Aegis Safe
Your safety and peace of mind is our objective. Aegis Safe has been helping our clients protect their staff and property with our full range of comprehensive fire protection solutions since 2009. We specialise in installing, inspecting, testing, diagnosing and repairing fire protection systems.